Nya Reads

1. I read Fantasy ever since I can remember. 2. My guilty pleasure is chick lit. And 3. You can call me Nya.

NB I do not claim to be a literature expert, these are only my opinions. I am also here and here.

Hooked - Allen Wolf

Hooked - Michael Allen Wolf

I have to admit that this story was highly entertaining and engaging. Due to it being reasonably fast-paced, it is very easy to read, even if it a little obvious that the novel was adapted from a screenplay.

The concept allows the story to not only be funny and quirky, but also to explore more serious / deeper topics. I can promise you that, regardless of how predictable some parts might be, it will still melt your heart!
The writing style is pretty short and sweet. It was confusing at first to be "hearing" everyone's thoughts at the same time, which was one of the main reasons that the novel ends up feeling more like a script than an actual book. The dialog is very strong, though, which makes up for the rest. I have connected to the characters thanks to great dialog's lines - also, many would make great quotes.

Last but not least, you'll be happy to know that 10% of proceeds from the sales of this heartwarming story are donated to organizations fighting human trafficking.