Nya Reads

1. I read Fantasy ever since I can remember. 2. My guilty pleasure is chick lit. And 3. You can call me Nya.

NB I do not claim to be a literature expert, these are only my opinions. I am also here and here.

Cinderella Has Cellulite: And Other Musings from A Last Wife - Donna Arp Weitzman

'Cinderella Has Cellulite' is an insight on relationships & marriage (specifically from the POV of a 'Last Wife') and intends to be funny. It classifies as a satire due to the type of humour used.
Unfortunately, I didn't like this book or found it specially entertaining. I am giving it almost two stars for the following things (two) I have particularly liked: The quirky title and the writing style of the author regardless of the content.
With that being said, I do think the author has great potential and I could imagine myself enjoying maybe a slightly different type of book written by her: One with a plot.

Not being a 'Last Wife' myself, I was disappointed that the facts described in the book were very general. I was also expecting a few entertaining / funny stories rather than only satirical advice. All that was described might actually be realistic and highly relatable for some; however I wanted to learn something new, see a different perspective. I finished the book with the feeling that all was pretty much common sense and nothing surprised me.

A free copy of this book was offered to me in exchange for an honest review. The notes above simply reflect my personal opinion and despite it not being positive, I am mostly certain that others will enjoy this book, particularly those who are looking for a short and easy read.