Nya Reads

1. I read Fantasy ever since I can remember. 2. My guilty pleasure is chick lit. And 3. You can call me Nya.

NB I do not claim to be a literature expert, these are only my opinions. I am also here and here.

My Name Is Memory - Ann Brashares

My Name Is Memory - Ann Brashares

I didn't care whether the original idea / concept was original or not. Fact is: Alone, is enough to make you want to read the book. And it is enough to make you keep reading it. Even if the book itself ends up not meeting your initial expectations - it didn't particularly meet mine.

This could be a better book, a book that could rely on more depth beyond the initial concept. But I liked it.

My notes:

- I thought that the narrator was confusing. Would be so much more interesting if we could have Lucy's point of view as the events unfold. What was she feeling? What was she thinking? Instead, we are given a full report of Daniel's lives.

- The soul connection is only nearly explained near the end. We start with Lucy as a completely new person, not connected in any way to her other lives. There doesn't seem to be a valid reason for the fact that she is "his soul mate"! He is simply too obsessed with her memory rather than the person she is during her current life.

- The End: I do like open endings. This one could be much better though. I finished this book with the impression that this would make a great movie.